Paediatric Care Online (PCO UK) is provided by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH).
To access PCO UK you will need an RCPCH individual account or institutional subscription. If you would like to request a free trial, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
While PCO UK endeavours to be simple and easy to use from the get-go, you can download our user-friendly detailed reference guides for the website and mobile app here (website / mobile app).
Do you have an RCPCH account already? You simply need to activate your access:
- Sign in to your RCPCH account HERE
- Go to Account, and to the PCO UK panel
- Read and accept the PCO UK terms and conditions
- Then you will see the PCO UK website - in top right, select Sign In
Don’t have an individual account yet? It is simple to register.
- Register for an RCPCH account HERE
- Go to My Account and to the PCO UK panel, select Subscribe
- Complete our short form - you will need to confirm your professional qualification (with GMC number / image of qualification)
- Pay online with a UK debit card or credit card (make sure you are using a modern web browser)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. I have forgotten my RCPCH number
- Q. How is content kept up to date on PCO UK?
- Q. What mobile devices are supported by the app?
- Q. How to use PCO UK
- Q. The site doesn't display properly and some of the features do not work
Q. I have forgotten my RCPCH number
A. If you have forgotten your RCPCH number please contact our Member Services Team on email@example.com
Q. How is content kept up to date on PCO UK?
The Key Practice Points (KPPs) are dynamic resources, and will be kept up to date in line with any updates that are made to their foundational resources. The PCO UK editorial team will assess the need to make any updates to related topics when alerted to the release of new and updated NICE / SIGN guidelines, or to revised Quick Reference Guides from the American Academy of Paediatrics.
As National developers (e.g. NICE / SIGN) update the evidence-base of their guidelines and new guidance becomes available, it is imperative for the KPP topics to remain current. The development of a rolling KPP update programme is essential to ensure information contained within the topics continues to provide accurate information and links to support child health professionals within the UK. As such, the editorial team endeavour to enter all KPPs into a regular cycle of review every 2-3 years. This process involves RCPCH paediatric trainees assessing each topic against its foundational resources (as above), identifying potential updates as well as newly developed national guidance from accredited sources (e.g. NICE, SIGN); where necessary, KPPs which have received a substantial update are cross-checked with the relevant specialty groups / special interest groups to ensure accuracy.
If you are aware of updated national guidance that is not reflected in a particular KPP, or have any general feedback to make on a particular topic, please do get in touch with us at any time via our Staff Editor on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Green Book is updated when an alert is received from Public Health England that an updated chapter is available. Green Book updates on PCO UK take between 2 and 7 days. Whilst a chapter is being updated on PCO UK, a message will be present at the start of that chapter to direct users to the most up to date version available on the Public Health England website.
Q. What mobile devices are supported by the app?
A: The following operating systems are fully supported:
- iPhone and iPad (all versions): iOS 10.3.1
- Android (phone and tablet): Jelly Bean (4.1-4.3), KitKat (4.4), Lollipop (5.0-5.1), Marshmallow (6.0), Nougat (7.0-7.1)
Q. How do I get content updates on the app?
A: You are able to use all of the content on our mobile app when you are offline. During this time, you will not receive any updates that are made to the content. However, this does not mean they will be missed, and any content updates made will be downloaded automatically the next time you open the app when you are connected to the internet.
Q. How to use PCO UK
A: User-friendly detailed reference guides for the website and mobile app can be download here (website / mobile app).
Q. The site doesn't display properly and some of the features do not work
A: The PCO UK site runs on your internet browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome). If you have a particularly old browser version it may not display correctly and you may have trouble moving around the site.
The web browsers we currently support include:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer – version 11 and Edge
- Firefox – latest version
- Google Chrome – latest version
- Safari – Mac OS X 10.1.2, iOS 10.3.3
We recommend you check that your browser will support the PCO UK site and upgrade you browser if required. If you are still experiencing difficulties then please contact the team at email@example.com