What is Paediatric Care Online?
Paediatric Care Online (PCO UK) is an online decision support system designed for healthcare professionals who see children at the point of care. This innovative tool provides immediate access to clinically assured information to inform decisions at point of care, together with a repository of supporting reference material and patient information.
PCO UK is available anytime, anywhere on desktop, tablet and smartphone devices and the powerful search function offers
quick access to critical information utilising the latest semantic search technology.
To find out more, you can watch our short film.
Paediatric Care Online is packed with top resources:
- 102 Key Practice Point decision support tools covering the common signs and symptoms and critical care situations.
- Public Health England's "Green Book" Immunisation against infectious disease in a fully indexed and searchable format.
- The British National Formulary for Children covering the prescribing, dispensing, monitoring and administration of medicines to
- The RCPCH Child Protection Companion covering all forms of abuse and the spectrum of paediatric involvement: from examination, to identification, to referral, to court.
- Searchable by paediatric conditions and keywords, the Guideline Directory contains quick links to national clinical guidelines. All guidelines are either developed by NICE or SIGN or endorsed by RCPCH.
- Links to patient and carer information and resources accredited by the Information Standard.
- Links to resources and e-learning content for child health professionals to support and enhance their paediatric knowledge and practice.
- Access to the US-based AAP Text Book of Pediatric Care with more than 3,000 pages of content and images.
Paediatric Care Online has been developed with the support of a partnership group. Find out more about our partners.
Key Practice Points - Decision Support Tools
Take a look at how the KPPs were developed with an explanation of our editorial process.
Key Practice Points are concise, easy-to-use decision support tools designed to assist healthcare professionals with diagnosis and treatment management at point of care. From abdominal distension to wheezing they offer clinically assured advice on 'red flag' signs and symptoms and referral pathways, incorporating National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN) guidance where available.
Meet the Paediatric Care Online Editorial Team who oversee development of these KPPs.